Friday, December 12, 2008

Remembering to be patient - thank's Melanie


Melanie's post was just what I needed to hear. Not the waxing and waning part, though I completely and utterly agree with her and won't be surprised if I need her to give me a bit of a kick in the pants in the future because I've forgotten that the ebbs and flows of life don't stop short of the door to dd.

The part that was so perfect for me was when she said "you MUST be patient and let them find their own rhythm with spanking" Dan and I are newer than Melanie and Thomas are to this lifesyle and Dan didn't take to it right away. He's always been willing, but his style for all new things, not just this wild ass change in our relationship, is to be methodical, try it out, think about it, mull it over, think some more, pay attention.... then decide and commit. He's even gone so far as to tell me straight out that this is going to be a thing for him, just exactly like him deciding he was ready to have our first child, or that he was ready to buy our first house. For both of those things he needed enough time to think and mull and process before he decided. I knew how he'd decide and made plans accordingly, but he needed to get there all by himself and I was happy, if impatient, to give him that time.

I know dd is no different. I have been doing my level best to let him make it his and to own it on his own schedule, and he is - slowly, but he is. I give him positive feedback. I don't hide the fact that I am interested, but I also try really hard not to push him. Our styles are so very much different on how we approach things, that sometimes it's hard for me to remember and I get frustrated and impatient. The suspense is killing me, I mean seriously killing me... How will it be - can I take it, how will I feel (physically and emotionally), will it still be what I think I want - when he truly decides?

So Melanie - thanks for reminding me to be patient. I think I needed that.

Kelly

No comments: