Thursday, December 11, 2008

Waxing & Waning

So on forums and blogs about DD relationships, I read a lot of people in the cycle - the one where spankings are happening all the time and then suddenly there are no spankings and life is busy. People get so worked up over this cycle. Often people seem to forget with each downturn that an upturn will come. At least, in my experience, it always comes again. For weeks, there hasn't been much action around here - a swat here, a swat there. But it doesn't get me worked up - as it always does - here it is again.

A couple of days ago the occasional swats were increasing in frequency... This morning as I'm trying to get my dear husband to move it along & get our morning started I smacked HIS butt to get him out of the bed. The next thing I know - and I'm not quite sure how it happened - I was face down on the bed, bent over the side, and getting a quick spanking that left my butt burning for quite awhile afterward!

He wasn't angry at all of course but on his own he always realizes it's been too long. And I know that's it because while he's doing that this morning he's saying "Are we in need of a who's who spanking? Have you forgotten who does that spanking around here?" And me yelling back, "Ow. I remember! I remember!" If I try to force these upturns to happen it's much less effective. If I want him to be the HOH of our house, I need to let him.

I think that - once you show your spouse that this works; that spankings are effective - they make life better for the two of you, etc. You MUST be patient and let them find their own rhythm with spanking. Thomas took to this quickly in the beginning and I swear I was getting spanked - hard - 24 hours a day. It got to the point where I finally said "I think you are only touching me when you are spanking me these days!" And then we've had periods where there was hardly any spanking...

And on & on the cycle goes.

I guess what I want to say (in my random rambling way), is that it's NORMAL. The cycle is normal.

Every part of life is that way - especially in marriage. How close you are comes and goes. How much you fight comes and goes. DD is no exception.

I know in that initial phase - when DD is new - it's a panicky feeling during that phase if there's no spanking for awhile. But don't panic. And don't pressure him.

While spanking may make us feel loved - how often you are getting spanked is NOT a measure of how much you are loved.

No comments: