Thursday, November 13, 2008

The beginning of "it" for us


Unlike Melanie, we hadn't really ever tried out different balances in our marriage, but still I was searching for something. Maybe I was just tired of keeping everything in balance. I could no longer come up with the point. The first thing I told Dan about domestic discipline was "Babe, do you know what I found on the web? There are these absolutely crazy people out there who have real live ongoing relationships where the husband spanks the wife if she misbehaves. Can you imagine? We live in a seriously crazy world." And he said something like "It takes all kinds".

A few weeks and much surfing later, I came back to him and said "Honey, you remember what I told you about those crazy spankers?"

"Yeah"

"Well I've been doing a bit more research into it and... well.. I'm finding it very.. (insert meaningful pause) interesting"

I got some raised eyebrows, he knows me very well. "Interesting, you say?"

"yup"

"Okay, keep me posted."

Over the next couple of weeks I came out and told him I wanted this type of relationship. He was surprised and skeptical but always willing do give me what I want.

Really the first thing I did was practice following his lead. It started with small almost meaningless things; would you rather have corn or broccoli? and then going with his preference. Asking his opinion on more things and just following his lead. He's a smart man, he makes good choices and I like corn and broccoli - what do I care which we eat tonight? But a funny thing started happening, even with just these little things, I started to fell oddly closer to him and I think he started to stand up a little straighter. But really there were all these emotional things going on with me; like my walls were beginning to crack and warp. It scared the hell out of me, but I couldn't shake my bone deep belief that this was the right direction for us.

We're still working on it. Dan 's an engineer and very methodical, he takes his time easing into anything new. But I want this, maybe it's that I need this and I know he'll do anything he can to give me what I want and need so we're getting there just exactly at the right pace for us. We're moving much slower than anyone else I know who lives their life similarly; but it's just the right pace for us. We both need the time to really adjust to this new dynamic. We are both getting more comfortable with spanking and how it fits in with us. Each time we do it, it becomes closer to what we're both looking for. We both remain astonished that it is having such positive effects on our already strong marriage.

Kelly

No comments: