Monday, November 10, 2008

Melanie's Intro

Oh where to start...

We practice domestic discipline.

We spent a lot of years of our marriage fighting for control. Thomas fighting to take control, me fighting back, and him giving in because he wants to make me happy. (He would do anything to make me happy!) Me fighting more because I wanted him to win but only if he could best me - not that I ever told him that - or that I was even capable of really putting that into words myself for a long time.

We messed around with some different dynamics starting a couple years ago. I was just looking for a solution. I hated battling with him. We tried different balances and one day as I was reading online I came across the term "Taken In Hand" and that led me to Domestic Discipline. When I read it I just knew it was what I'd been looking for.

In researching the term, I found a lot of things I don't agree with and a lot I do. We take what we want and leave the rest.

We needed a structure. A balance in our relationship. And this was the answer.

I didn't even hesitate. I called Thomas to the computer right then to show him what I'd found. He asked incredulously "You're gonna let me spank you?"

But he quickly took to the idea - really quickly actually.

Like anything else with marriage there are bumps and bruises along the way.

I imagine I will use this blog mostly to flesh all the stuff out. Writing out my feelings about this is so helpful to me.

I am - like Kelly said - a strong woman. There isn't a soul who knows me that would believe this happens in my house hold.

My husband is in charge. And I like it!

No comments: